Monday, January 21, 2013

Blog Assignment One

About Me:


My name is Avery Magee, and I am a Supply Chain Management major graduating in May of 2014. I am from Dallas, Texas. I have never been very athletic, so my favorite hobbies are baking, reading, and painting when I have free time. I am an active member of Phi Beta Lambda and am very involved in that as well.

I hope to learn more about real-estate and how to value different properties from this class. I am personally interested in the contracts and legal aspects of real-estate, as I worked as a lease analyst in an internship last year. I also think that knowing about real estate will be a great asset in the future, especially when buying property in the future.

In the short run, I would like to gain some experience in my field through internships, and find a company that can train me and teach me about the industry, hopefully in the oil and gas field. In the future I would love to become an expert in whatever industry I choose, and move up in the company. I love holding leadership positions and I hope to one day become a leader in my company.

I am the oldest daughter in a family of 4 girls. I own 8 pets, divided among my two households, and I used to own frogs as a little girl. Before I die I would like to visit Europe, see the Aurora Borealis, and hike around mountains with someone I love. My favorite sites to visit online are imgur.com, cracked.com, and pinterest.com.

Favorite Real Estate: The Reunion Tower


The Reunion Tower is my favorite piece of real estate. It is located in Dallas, Texas, and I love it because it is the first thing I see in the skyline when I drive home. When I see it I know

It is 560 feet, and was built in 1978. It has a tall spherical dome, about 118 feet in diameter and is covered in 260 lights. It was renovated for 23 million dollars and is now the home of a restaurant called Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck. The restaurant inside rotates so you can get a full view of the city, and it rotates once every 55 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment